Finally... I'm back.

I love that my wife started blogging after I did and has since posted 174 times to my 2.  -Makes sense when you think that Layla is the reason she started posting, and the reason I stopped...  temporarily.  So I wanted to kick this off again really just to get some more great architecture in front of your eyes.  This is by David Salmela, one of the better architects in Minnesota.  I basically took these images right from his website.  If you'd like to see more of his work here is a link:  http://www.salmelaarchitect.com/

Lesson for Today:
Most notable here is the way the structure is the underlining theme throughout the house.  Everywhere you are you see the overhead beams that are expressed again in the large windows.  You're constantly reminded that you're in something bigger, even when you're in a smaller room, which has almost a sculptural effect.  The architect also uses the materials and their colors in a strong way, painting the concrete fireplace white to contrast the rest.












1 comments:

Sue Schaefer said...

This is a fabulous house! Oh my goodness!

Post a Comment